Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sarpino's Pizzeria @ Plaza Mon't Kiara

Sorry for the lack of updates folks. If you followed my previous posts, you would know that I haven't been feeling all that good. Was on a diet of healthy/boring food not worth blogging about. I've also been too busy with work to go out partying.
I'm happy to say I'm feeling 100% so the first thing I decided was to treat myself to a pizza meal.


When I was studying in Australia, pizza was my staple diet but when I came back to KL, Pizza Hut and Shakeys were the main pizza outlets available. You know the feeling of having ice-cream for the first time when you were a kid and being told right after that you will not get to have any more ? Well that's how I felt and I wanted to bawl ! Thank goodness a few months flew by and we got to see more outlets serving good pizza.

I decided on Sarpino's Pizzeria. It has been a year since I've eaten here and I'm eager to see if the food is still as good.



Sarpino's is a tiny one shoplot pizzeria with open seating arrangements. You can't miss it as you walk along Plaza Mon't Kiara, it's right next to Subway sandwiches.



Open kitchen




Primo Capicollo

Primo Capicollo is one of my favourite pizza at Sarpino's. It's topped with spicy Italian sausage, pepperoni, roast garlic and hot banana peppers ( pepperoncini ) topped with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Although not as spicy as before, it still had the zing from the garlic and the banana pepper added the perfect spicy finishing to it.




Zesty Italian

Those of you who like your pizza wet and cheesy will probably like this. It didn't do miracles for me and I thought the taste was a bit bland. The only saving grace to this dish is the amount of cheese they put on it. It's topped with pepperoni Italian sausage, chicken strips, sun-dried tomatoes and banana peppers.




Freshly squeezed mango juice

Umm.. it's really fresh :)



I gotta admit, Sarpino's isn't as good as it used to be but it still beats alot of other pizza outlets *cough* Pizza Hut *cough* Shakeys *haaaack* Luca's Pizza ( worst ever ).
They also have more than 15 types of pizza's including gourmet pizza and the option to create your own. For those not into pizza, fret not as Sarpino's also serve veggie fettucine, baked seafood portofino, lasagna, various types of spaghetti and your usual side dishes.
I just found out that Sarpino's new owners are of Middle-Eastern descent and they've introduced Donair ( Kebabs ) to their menu. I will definately be back to try that.

Sarpino's Pizzeria
E-01-16A, Blck E Plaza Mon't Kiara
2, Jalan Kiara, Mon't Kiara

Tel : 03-62012727 ( delivery )
Hours : 11am - 11pm daily


3 comments:

  1. hey james! Is this originally from the States? is it a franchise? coz a couple that use to own a Subway store decided to start the master franchise of sarpino pizza here in Perth, doing quite well. i wonder if it's the same tho.
    syl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi syl :) Good to see ya here. Sarpino pizza originated from Canada and the one we have in Mt.Kiara is a franchise of the original restaurant. Items on the menu is similar but of course there are more choices at the Canadian Sarpino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarpinos orriginated in canda
    then the guy moved to US, but was frudulent, so was sued
    now the US branch is controlled by a new set of people
    AKA my father

    ReplyDelete