Thursday, September 17, 2009

Matsuba Shokudo @ OBD Tower

OBD Tower is situated along Jalan Desa Utama in Taman Desa. Yes, it is another restaurant in Desa :) OBD Tower is made up of a majority of Japanese occupants. I was pleasantly surprised to know that their cafeteria is actually a Japanese restaurant and even more surprised that the food is above average :)


Nondescript entrance


Ah Pek sushi chef
The interior is okay if you want to eat and leave. Not a recommended place to chit chat over drinks though.  






Agadashi Tofu



Soft Shell Crab

The softshell crab was delicious and only cost Rm15. The body is juicy and has a bit of roe. Yummm.. It should be eaten as soon as it arrives because after awhile its not crunchy.


 Sashimi Moriawase



I opted for the normal sashimi platter since I've tried their specialties such as kampachi and the hamachi ( I forgot to bring my camera ). The fish is delivered twice a week and freshness is guaranteed. The highlight this dish is the scallop. It's very sweet and melts in your mouth.


 

The pork belly here is FANTASTIC!!!! How fantastic ? I would have came in my mouth if I could.. It's that good.

 

This came together with my pork set. You have 3 choices of noodles to choose from and I went for the Shio ramen. This was quite tasteless. Its basically noodle in boiling water  and the 'cha siu' has the consistency of cardboard.












The Unagi set came with salad and tofu in shaved bonitos ( usually smoked tuna ). The Unagi was very good, not overly sweet and the eel is very fresh.






 Oodles of noodles




Specialty items displayed at the entrace

 
 
View of the pool

I really like Matsuba. The prices here are affordable and the food above average. Most of their customers are also Japanese so you know they are doing something right. There's a smoking section and a good selection of sake. I am definitely eating here again :)


Matsuba Shokudo
OBD Tower Garden Condominium, (lookout for their signage next to guardhouse)

300-0-4, Jalan Desa Utama,
Off Jalan  Klang Lama, Taman Desa  
58100 Kuala Lumpur
open everyday lunch : 12:00 - 14:30
                          dinner : 18:00 - 22:30

Tel : 03 - 7987 7088  
 Non-halal 


2 comments:

  1. Dude I really enjoyed this post. Definitely want to try out this place when I'm back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete