Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hadhramawt Restaurant @ Chulan Square

The weekend is here and my parents finally came back from Bangkok. My dad had food poisoning and was spewing ala' Linda Blair throughout the trip so I decided to make it up to him by taking my parents to Hadramawt Restaurant.





Interior of Hadhramawt





There's not much decoration at Hadhramawt besides these. Hadhramawt serves a mixture of Yemeni and Arabian cuisine.


pita ( flat bread )




hummus

Hummus is a dip made out of blended chickpeas, sesame paste, garlic and lemon juice. The ones served at Hadhramawt comes with olive oil and cumin. Vegans and vegetarians rejoice, the hummus served here is definately better that the ones I've tried at other middle eastern restaurants.




Tabbouleh $8.00

We ordered tabbouleh as the other meaty dishes does not come with vegetables. Tabbouleh is a Lebanese dish which is made up of tomato, parsley, mint and bulgur ( durum wheat ) served on slices of romain lettuce and doused it lemon juice. The ingredients is very fresh and come together really well. The zing from the lemon juice complemented the mint and parsley. ( Sorry I had to use flash, there was a blackout halfway through our meal )



Mendy Lamb $20.00

Wow, this dish is aweesome. The lamb is very tender and did not have a strong gamey flavour and will definately appeal to meat eaters. My dad is a briyani fanatic and he gave this dish two thumbs up. Arabian rice is used and it is not oily and has a nice subtle flavour which complemented the lamb.





mild chilly dip





haneed lamb $21.00

Our next dish was haneed lamb. The same type or rice is used but the lamb is cooked in its own juice wrapped in foil. The lamb is juicier and has a stronger and smokey flavour compared to lamb mendy. Personally, I prefer this dish if you don't mind being thirsty throughout the night. I think msg was used to enhance the taste of the lamb.



liver $10.00

This dish is another sure winner. The liver, stir fried in tomato and eleven secret herbs and spices ( j/k, I have no idea what else is in the ingredients ) tasted absolutely wonderful. The liver is so crunchy but it still manages to let the flavours seep in.




author in the toilet


No, I am NOT taking a whizz. I am merely giving you an idea of how big the toilet is. I am not humping the wall either.



This is a good place to go especially if you're in the mood for simple and no-frills meal. Service is prompt and friendly. Hadhramawt has another new outlet in Beijing and the host which lived in China for three months can speak a bit of Mandarin.
I will definately come back and try out the rest of the bbq dishes.


Hadhramawt Restaurant
Lot 7 & 7A, Block B, Chulan Square
92 Jalan Raja Chulan
50200 Kuala Lumpur

Tel No : 03-2142 2744

3 comments:

  1. Will definitely try to go to the place, do you know of anywhere good to have russian cuisine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Hadramawt and while the food was mostly good, it had some of the weirdest and worst service I've ever experienced. Our waitress was either having a really off day or otherwise had no idea about hospitality. I hope its not always like that. Won't be going back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantabulous food there! i will definitely go there some other times

    ReplyDelete