Wednesday, February 20, 2008

George and the Dragon @ Bangsar Shopping Centre

On Sunday, me and a couple of mates decided to try a new English pub in Bangsar Shopping Centre called George and the Dragon. The name's weird all right but then again it's opened by the same good people from Finnegans in Bangsar Telawi.




The entrance to George & the Dragon




The bar

With a name like George and the Dragon, I expected the place to look like something out of a fantasy movie but sadly there was nothing magical about it, there wasn't any brownies sitting on toadstools and the toilets weren't enchanted.







G & D looks like a typical English pub reminiscent of Fawlty Towers. With its burgundy carpeting, thick wooden framed windows and prominent cross gables on its walls ( except there are no sloping roofs ) G & D does somehow make you feel like you're sitting in an old english tavern.



Softie Snake Bite Black

I made a mistake with my first drink. I thought this was gonna arrive pre-mixed with Guiness Stout but it only consisted of Strongbow, Carlsberg and Ribena.. Wtf !!! Who in their right mind mixes ribena with carlsberg ?? Suffice to say, it tasted lame... berry juice with perrier makes a better drink.


Carlsberg Extra Cold

I decided on a Carlsberg Extra Cold to get rid of the sickeningly sweet taste from the Snakebite.
The Extra Cold tap is sheathed in ice and uses glycol-based technology to dispense beer at –1°C but it didn't feel that cold as my beer was left waiting at the bar. Tastewise, I couldn't tell the difference between a normal Carlsberg and the Extra Cold.



Poor Man's Black Velvet

Next was the Poor Man's Black Velvet. Sounds like a real ass kicking, throat burning drink but it tasted just like the Softie Snake Bite albeit a stronger cider taste. Argh ! I was beginning to feel gypped since these drinks did not come cheap and I was getting really sick of the ribena taste.


Real Snake Bite

My mate and I decided to go all out and we shared 2 half pints of Real Snake bite with a pint of Guiness Stout. Halfway through this drink, conversation went up double the speed and saliva was flying everywhere... Yup, its getting the job done :)




Victoria Bitter

My mate used to study in Australia so he opted for a VB. They have weird slangs in Australia and this short necked bottle is called stubbies.. Cans are called 'tinnies' and 750ml bottles are called 'tallies'. Go figure..




Author talking to the fairies

So was I plastered..blasted..bladdered..cabbaged..hammered..tanked..spiffed..wasted..sloshed..
loopy..shemzmit..troooollsdd..assshaaaced....zxczsdcasc...efsdfdfsf.... ?
Fo shizzle my dizzle !! Another productive Sunday spent.



This is a very nice chillout place perfect for lazy Sunday afternoons. Traditional english food such as Pigs in Blanket ( sausage roll ) and Toad in the Hole ( sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter ) is also served. I did not mention earlier that G & D also has an al fresco seating area. I can foresee many a' Sundays spent here playing bridge while having tea and crumpets.


George and the Dragon
New Wing Ground Floor opposite WIP

Tel No : 03 - 22878316

1 comment:

  1. Damn.. snake bite and stout would be grave yard man..

    ReplyDelete